Thursday, June 12, 2014

Homeschooling - News



Questions and Answers





Homeschooling???????????

What is homeschooling, I was wondering how do you sign up, and how do you get all the work, and what basically is it all about. Please have lond well described answers helping me understand the concept, and understanding how to start. Thanks.


Posted by Nick W






[QUOTE]Homeschooling (also called home education), home learning or homeschool – is the education of children at home, typically by parents or professional tutors, rather than in a public or private school.


Although prior to the introduction of compulsory school attendance laws, most childhood education occurred within the family or community, homeschooling in the modern sense is an alternative in developed countries to formal education……..[/QUOTE] http://ift.tt/1oRwb1l;


Homeschooling is simply what happens when your parents, rather than your local school district, assume responsibility for providing you with your education/schooling.


You don't 'sign up' as such – you need to gain the agreement of your parent(s) who then de-register you from school/don't enrol you in school. Depending on the local jurisdiction, your parents may or may not then be required to (or given the option to) register as homeschoolers.


How do you get the work? You & your parents can organise and plan your own curriculum; you can buy a ready made curriculum to follow; or, like my family, you can homeschool without any curriculum.






Should I do Homeschooling?

I have been researching homeschooling for middle school. Not because I'm doing bad in school or being teased, but I think I could be more productive with my time. I don't want to approach my mom 'cause I'm afraid I'll regret it and be seen as the weird home schooled girl. I am also in a grade higher math. Suggestions? Should I homeschool and how. If yes how should I approach my parents?


Posted by Fire






Homeschooling sounds perfect for you. You can keep working ahead in math. You could work in math all year long if you want to.


I think you should talk to your mom. Don't be scared just bring it up in casual conversation. Just because you bring up the subject doesn't be you have to go through with it.


You need to live your life for yourself. You can't control what other people think. So what if they don't think homeschool is normal? Homeschooling isn't weird, but many people criticize what they don't understand. If homeschooling feels like a good choice for you, who cares what anyone else feels about it.






A question about homeschooling?

I have been considering my options as to homeschooling my 7 year old that will be entering 2nd grade. He was attending a private school, but unfortunately, I can no longer afford the tuition. When he attended kindergarten, he was placed into a classroom with approx. 40 other students. I don't think that a child can adequately learn anything with this amount of classmates. (I live in OR) So my question is, Are there any homeschooling options taken into consideration by the state, which doesn't involve a virtual academy? I don't exactly want my child staring at a computer screen all day. Are there any options that provide books, and necessary materials for schooling that doesn't involve a computer? Thanks for your comments in advance.


Posted by Leanne






Homeschooling is legal in Oregon, as in the other 49 states. Here is OR's laws and a list of support groups. You do not have to join one to homeschool but they can help you get started.


http://ift.tt/1pRJvob;


I do not know if the state provides any resources. Usually, homeschooling is completely disconnected from public education.


Some states do have cooperative programs where the child is enrolled, attends a day or two a week to meet with a teacher and the district purchases their curriculum (secular only). You might ask your district if they have a program of this type. Some do, some don't. It's a way for the district to get the child's funding and keep him or her under their thumb. Basically, public school in your home.


Here's a webpage for the one in Lake Stevens WA that explains the program.


http://ift.tt/1oRwbOR;


I hope you find the educational option that is perfect for your son and your family.








Homeschooling Tips : How to Homeschool High School


When homeschooling a high school student, create a lesson plan that prepares them for the college or trade school they're interested in by paying attention to scholastic requirements. Set up a lesson plan that covers important subject matter with tips from a homeschool teacher in this free video on education.


Expert: Linda Wooldridge

Contact: http://ift.tt/1iq8B5Y

Bio: Linda Wooldridge has been homeschooling since 1998, and she has been on the PPEA board for three years as the orientation coordinator for Pinellas County.

Filmmaker: Christopher Rokosz.




Improve Writing Skills With New "End Blank Page Terror Forever" Ebook for Homeschoolers


Fortuigence has a new free ebook for homeschooling families called "End Blank Page Terror Forever: 24 Pre-Writing Tools and Guidebook to Organize Content, Take Notes with Ease and Make Your Kids Confident Writers!" Available for download at http://ift.tt/SAhqmT; . (PRWeb June 04, 2014) Read the full story at http://ift.tt/1rIfkSk;






Homeschooling

via WordPress http://ift.tt/1lhrtso

No comments:

Post a Comment