Sunday, June 8, 2014

Homeschool Reviews Curriculum - News



Questions and Answers





Need advice on 10th grade homeschool curriculum.?

I''m a parent who's going to home school my 10th grader. She is a below average to average student. I'm looking for something that's not too over powering. New to this, please help.

Thank you.


Posted by Disneyland fan






Most homeschool families use curriculum from several different companies to fit the needs of their child. Go to homeschoolreviews.com to read reviews from other homeschoolers about curriculum you are considering. Here's what I like. Most of these do not require a lot of parent prep.


I use Math-U-See for math and we all love it.


The rest depends upon what learning style your daughter has and what subjects you will be covering. A good history program would be WinterPromise. It is a literature and activities based programs instead of a textbook, which is why it costs more. It can also count toward literature since you read several books.


The Institute for Writing Excellence has great writing courses to use for language arts.


Christian Light Education offers several textbook/workbook based electives that are affordable in addition to regular academic subjects.


A fun, affordable, hands-on physics program is Exploration Education.


Apologia is good for biology and chemistry, but is from a Christian viewpoint. You can get it from Rainbow Resource online. They are also a good resource for other materials.






Best online homeschool curriculum?

I am planning on homeschooling my 8 year old son next school year and I am searching the internet for reviews on different online curriculum. I am totally new at this, it will be my first time, so I am very cautious and want to explore different options. The last thing I want to do is spend a fortune on curriculum that does not meet state standard and then not be able to get my money back should I change my mind. I would like to know if there are any moms out there that can help me find a website that has reviews on the different schools/companies so I can look and compare. Thank and God Bless.


Posted by bluealexivan






You can go to www.hslda.org to find out the specific laws for your state. It would help people here to know what state you are in. If it is Texas I can help. We have just started using Bob Jones. I would suggest finding a curriculum fair in your area or a store that specializes in homeschooling material so you can go through the different products. Good Luck.






What is a good curriculum for home schooling?

I am homeschooling my daughter and niece next year but i don't know what time of curriculum to get them. My daughter is going to sixth grade and my niece is going to seventh grade.


Posted by lindsey






There are so many good curriculums out there it would be hard to list them all. What I would suggest, is to go to a curriculum fair. At a homeschool conference/fair the vendors will be there to answer questions and have samples of their curriculum you can look at. Remember that each child is different. So what your daughter may use could very possible not work as well for your neice. Here is a link to GHEA (GA Home Educators Association)


http://ift.tt/1oJWMeJ;


It sorts out the different curriculums by type and gives links to most of them.


Here is a link to Cathy Duffy's website. She has reviewed just about every curriculum out there.


http://ift.tt/KQZ6Te


Hope this helps you in your search.









Why Can’t We Be Friends?


Why can’t we be friends? Why can’t we be friends? I seen you ‘round for a long long time I really ‘membered you when you drink my wine” Sing it with me.



http://ift.tt/1iq9RG1;





Homeschool Reviews Curriculum

via WordPress http://ift.tt/1htqNRa

No comments:

Post a Comment