Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Best Christian Homeschool Curriculum Reviews - News



Questions and Answers





Can anyone recommend a good homeschool curriculum for Texas? I have a kindergartener and a fourth grader.?
Posted by map22298






Are you looking for an online program or independent homeschool? I don't know much about online programs since I homeschool independently. I used to use Abeka, since it's used by a lot of Christian schools. However, we found it too dull and repetitive. Now we use Christian Light Education and love it. It's still academically sound, but has a wider variety of activities in the lessons. They reflect conservative Christian (Mennonite) views. There's also less parental prep with Christian Light. My friend uses Sonlight and has great success. It's more literature based than textbooks, especially elementary and middle school levels.


You can purchase single subjects or complete grade kits from each of those companies. They also all offer advising and record keeping services for an additional fee. Christian Light Education is the most affordable, both for curriculum and advising.


There are also companies that specialize in just a single subject such as math, reading, or science. This allows you to pick and choose among companies to custom design a program to fit your needs, interests, and budget. That is what I do, although I mostly use Christian Light. Examples that I've used are Math-U-See, Exploration Education (physics), and Institute for Excellence in Writing. Rainbow Resource is a terrific homeschool supply store for getting books, workbooks, kits, and other materials.


Hope this gives you some useful ideas. I listed websites for all the companies I've mentioned below. A good website for reading reviews by other homeschool families for curriculum is homeschoolreviews.com.






Reviews on Sonlight Christian homeschool curriculum?

Im a sophmore and looking into homeschooling. I've seen plenty of good reviews for this, but i just want to make sure. As a highschooler, would i be able to self teach myself using this? Im not sure if my parents could. Thanks.


Posted by alex laroy






If you love to read, yes.

Sonlight used very few text books. Instead Sonlight uses library books, biographies, historical fiction and other books to teach the content area subjects.

I love the books used in Sonlight. You will read many classics in high school. Mom doesn't have to teach. You have options for Math. My preference is Teaching Textbooks. My son went through TT entirely on his own for Algebras, Geometry and Pre-Calculus.

Hope this helps.






Homeschool to College? Help!?

First off,

Hi I dont reside in the states, so i would be taking homeschooling outside of america.


1) Please recommended me great homeschool curriculums that will help me reach university requirement standards.


2) How do people go off to university through Homeschooling?


3) What do you think about Abeka and going to a great university have graduation?


Posted by Izzie






1. I buy curriculum from several different companies based upon my kids needs, interests, and learning style rather than full grade level kits. Companies that I have used include Christian Light Education, Sonlight, Winter Promise, Veritas Press, Math-U-See, Institute for Excellence in Writing, Rainbow Resource, and Exploration Education (physics). Rainbow Resource is an online homeschool book distributor. They have thousands of books and materials on all subjects from many different publishers to choose from. You can read reviews of many curriculum by homeschoolers at http://ift.tt/1iq9VFS


2. The same as regular school students. Study the subjects most colleges expect from high school graduates and any others that are required by your education laws. You would take the entrance exams and fill out applications. The main difference is that you would create your own transcript instead of a school providing it.


3. I did not like Abeka. My son found the work repetitive and the books dull. We didn't even finish our second year with them.









Why Can’t We Be Friends?


Why can’t we be friends? Why can’t we be friends? I seen you ‘round for a long long time I really ‘membered you when you drink my wine” Sing it with me.



http://ift.tt/1iq9RG1;





Best Christian Homeschool Curriculum Reviews

via WordPress http://ift.tt/1lyhkZZ

No comments:

Post a Comment