Thursday, June 12, 2014

Cathy Duffy 101 Top Picks - News



Questions and Answers





HomeSchool Curriculum for 3 Year Old?

Can anyone recommend a good curriculum for a 3 year old. My daughter will be 2 soon, but I am planning ahead for next year. Are there any free Curricula? Also what resources do I need to know about for planning to HomeSchool long term?


I asked this in the HomeSchool section as well, but it seems to be a very slow board.


Posted by Consider the Lilies






You don't need a curriculum for a 3-year-old. Research shows that kids in academic-based preschools have no long-term academic advantage over kids in play-based preschools, but end up more anxious. At 3, you'll want to find brain-building ways to have fun. Build structures with blocks, play candyland and other age-appropriate games, make patterns with beads to string necklaces, sing songs, do lots of fine-motor activities like coloring and cutting with scissors and things like, read to her (a lot), go on nature walks, make collages, talk about the weather, make silly rhymes together to get some basic phonics, count stuff, have her dictate stories to you, have her help you stir in ingredients when you cook, etc. And leave plenty of time for gross motor, pretend, and self-initiated play, as well as lots of time for playing with friends one on one and in groups.


My good friends who homeschool started a formal curriculum at 5.






Homeschool curriculum starting at preschool? (preferably non-religious)?

I am interested in trying to homeschool my toddler, and if it works out possibly continuing to homeschool him later. Does anyone know of any good homeschooling curriculum that starts with toddler/preschool and continues on. Also, I would prefer something non-religious (especially in the sciences), since I want him to learn about evolution and not creationism. Thanks.

I should clarify…I have no problems with a Christian program, as long as it teaches evolution and the sciences as they are taught in the public schools. Additional Christian lessons about faith, etc, are no problem. Thanks.


Posted by Lepke






If you want to just try out home schooling, you can go to a place like Sam's club or Books-a-million and get a comprehensive curriculum book this will give you all you need to see if you like it, and it is not religious at all. I am home schooling my 5 year old using 1st grade material. I got the first book from Sam's and we went through it in about 3 months so I got another book from Books-A-Million to start on next week. Also you can go to http://ift.tt/1po9nIh

they have some good resources :)






Which boxed monthly preschool curriculum to use?

I am comparing monthly preschool curriculum programs to use for my in home daycare. I ordered the Mother Goose Time, and to me there is not enough for the kids to do for the day. I am comparing The Learning Box and Adventures in Learning. Has anybody used these or have ones the suggest that they use? Please dont tell me to plan my own, I do not have time for that. I want a simple program that I can order monthly from. Thanks!


Posted by Nicole K






HI Nicole,

I'm a homeschooling mother and can honestly say that I understand that you do not have time to create your own, but there are so many curriculum's, lesson plans etc available on the internet.


I am aware of a curriculum ABC Adventure – I think it is for 26 weeks. You can download the sample at:


http://ift.tt/1po9nIl.









Why Can’t We Be Friends?


Why can’t we be friends? Why can’t we be friends? I seen you ‘round for a long long time I really ‘membered you when you drink my wine” Sing it with me.



http://ift.tt/1iq9RG1;





Cathy Duffy 101 Top Picks

via WordPress http://ift.tt/1liZpVG

No comments:

Post a Comment