Friday, June 20, 2014

Homeschool Online Curriculum Reviews - News



Questions and Answers





What are the names of Homeschools that you have used?

I am wanting to homeschool my child and need names of those that do the actual grading.

I am wanting to know the names of good Christian Homeschools to enroll my daughter into that do the actual grading.


Posted by Blessed






I think you want the names of "umbrella schools" or "private schools with a homeschooling option" or "correspondence schools" or "online schools."


Homeschools would be people's private homes that have an educational program going on within. Some people do name their homeschools, meaning they give a name to the educational program that they are running in their home–usually to simplify matters on official forms that ask for a school name, or to give a name to strangers who ask the children for the name of their school.


We don't use schools that do grading for us. We do our own homeschooling.


But you might want to look at http://ift.tt/1iq9VFS This is a site that gives reviews (from lots of homeschoolers) for curriculum. Some of the curriculum mentioned can be bought directly from the publishers along with grading services, so you might find their reviews useful.


Good luck.






Online schooling? Home schooling?

Im doing a little research for a friends kids and I was wondering what would be best. Home school or online school? We are thinking 8-12th grade. The public schools are just not cutting it for the kids. They get way to ahead in class and feel they are getting held back by the rest of the kids they go to school with. Based on their grades i can agree with this. They have a very hard time dealing with the other kids because their family is a little different. They get ignored and bullied quite a bit and I know this is typical but their mother, a good friend of mine since a young age, tells me her daughter is not eating now and cries at night and her son doesn't speak almost at all and when he does it is very negative and down bringing. These kids used to be so happy and bright all of the time and I would know because i watched them grow up! Please leave your honest opinion and if you have experience with either of these things (home schooling or online schooling) please let me know in your reply. Thank you so much to every one who answers. The kids and their mother just really need help with this and it is very hard for me to watch them suffer.


Posted by Mj






Public school is a good fit for some kids, but not all kids. I think the kids would be better off homeschooling. Avoid online public schools like K12, this school has horrible reviews. http://ift.tt/1iq9VFS/reviews/curriculum/reviews.aspx?id=180


The high school aged kids could take a class or two at their local community college as a dual enrollment student. These classes are free in most states. The kids will get both college and high school credits, and not have to deal with any of the lame public high school BS.


I homeschool my three underage kids. My 12th and 11th grade daughters attend community college. My 11th grader also attends American School (her choice). My 7th grade son is homeschooled by me. I don't outsource any of his subjects, I'm his teacher.









Why Can’t We Be Friends?


Why can’t we be friends? Why can’t we be friends? I seen you ‘round for a long long time I really ‘membered you when you drink my wine” Sing it with me.



http://ift.tt/1iq9RG1;





Homeschool Online Curriculum Reviews

via WordPress http://ift.tt/1p0Eyu4

No comments:

Post a Comment