Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Free Online Homeschooling - News



Questions and Answers





Is there an online homeschooling program that is entirely free?

I don't like my public school im in 8th grade my parents work a lot and the only thing that will convince them to let me home school is if it is free and they don't have to do the work. I ride the bus 2 hours of my day an have to wake up at 5am to go to school plz comment some completely free online homeschooling programs it will help alot.


Posted by jake






I recently went into an online school to finish up my Senior year. It was completely free. If you live in Florida there are a lot of online homeschooling programs! I'm sure that if some of the school districts there offer the online homeschooling for free, then plenty of others all throughtout many states do as well! Many are completely free, and you can graduate with a high school diploma from them. Type in, "free homeschooling, online schools." Or, "free virtual schools in _____." It should show you a lot. I take it that you're wanting to get into an online program since you're parents don't want to help teach you and such since they're working. Well the free online high schools MIGHT require that you go to a school or a church, etc. To take an exam. I didn't have to do that. It depends on whether or not you're having to take the graduation or SAT exams or not. Look it up, and see what you find. I will be upfront and say that most of the online high school programs, are impossible to find maybe in your area if you live in a far district. Some require you to actually live within a certain range of the education center and such. Just google homeschooling online programs in your area, and see what pops up. Oh, and for the record I was able to do ALL of my exams online. Some tests required that I talked to my teacher on the phone to answer some questions, but those were so easy! Good luck! :)






Free homeschooling online in Illinois?

So i'm in seventh grade , and im looking for an online homeschooling course , that's free . I've been searching and searching and nothing has come up . If you have anything …. Please help me . Thanks so much . I really appreciate it .


Posted by Alex






You can't find any because free online schools for homeschooling do not exist. Online schools could not afford to stay open if they gave away their services. The "free" online schools are public charter schools. They are only free enroll in because they are paid for by the same funds that pay for other public school. In IL the only online charter school is for students in Chicago.






Online homeschool?

Anyone out there have any insight on this and how it works??? I was looking into it for a fourth and fifth grader………I dont even know if there are any good programs online out there so I may just stick with what I am doing??


Posted by Jason F






K12 is online and it's awesome! We've used it for over 4 years. Our son is 9 and doing 4th-8th grade courses (you can mix and match). In some states, you can use K12 as part of a virtual public charter school. If you got K12's site, you can see the list of states with virtual schools. You can also use it like we do and purchase it yourself free from any public school program.


Http://www.k12.com


The depth and breadth of K12 is amazing! It's based on the Core Knowledge sequence, with even more thrown in!


*** Edited to add:


Just to clarify, just because K12 is online, does *not* mean that you can just sit your children down at the computer and not be involved. There is still a lot of parent interaction at the 4th-5th level. There is also a lot they can do on their own. With close ages like that, you could get each child their own level of math and language arts, and have them share the other courses: science, history, art, music. With K12, you want the same grade levels for art and history because they are tied together (which is really neat!).









Community News for 5/15/14 edition of the Sierra Star


Choir concert tonight~ Open house ~ Early deadline ~ Collecting teddy bears and stuffed animals ~ Fill-the-Boot May 24 ~ Greater North Fork Art Gallery workshops ~ Mountain Home School… Click to Continue »






Free Online Homeschooling

via WordPress http://ift.tt/SwoXD8

No comments:

Post a Comment