Tuesday, May 27, 2014

9th Grade Homeschool English Curriculum - News



Questions and Answers





Homeschool for highschool?

I'm entering ninth grade, and I want to be homeschooled. I am deffainatly going back for tenth [and if not, eleventh] grade. I was just wondering, how many of you were or are or are going to be homeschooled for highschool?

I don't want oppinions on whether I should or be, I just want to know who has and what program they used and what they thought about it.

Thanks:]


Posted by lovestatic





admin

I will be entering 9th grade this next semester. I have been homeschooled all my life and will continue to be. I am planning on using the Apologia Science textbooks for science. For english I will just be studying on my own and will take the AP English test. For history I will first just study overall world history on my own. I might find an event or time period I am really interested in and will make a research report on it. For my later years in highschool I will be studying American history on my own so that I can take the American History AP. For math I am still not quite sure what I will do. Also during highschool I will be taking classes at my local community college. Classes for highschoolers are free, and they count for both highschool and college credits. You should check out your local community college and see if it has a similar program.


I know I am not covering all the subjects, but this will give you a general idea of my highschool plan is like. As you can see I am not using any particular curriculum. I am just picking and choosing the different things that will work best for me. But if you really want to have a whole complete curriculum, or just have no idea what is out there for you to use, here is a site that might help.


http://ift.tt/1iq9UBK






What Homeschool Curriculum do you use and how is you daily schedule!?

I am just Curious what age are the kids? Does it work really well? What grade level are you at? Add details!

We use Life pac For Bible and Health

Rod and Staff For Reading Math English Science and Spelling!

And For history We are doing the old Missouri History book!

Art We use A reason For art Pack #4

And Home ec The Christian Life Home Economics!


And How does you scedule go

Are is like this

Bible

Science

Math

English

Lunch

Reading

History

spelling

Art

Home ec on thursdays!


Posted by Daddys Girl





admin

We don't use any specific homeschool curriculum–it's a mish mash of different things. I don't even have a specific curriculum for certain subjects.


As for schedule, it's like this:


Up around 7.

Have breakfast, get dressed and all that. Maybe have a bit of story time.

Get working by 8:30. Work can include: reading, writing, math, science, social studies, art, etc.

Break for lunch.

Our afternoons are never the same: we're out at least once a week, often 3 times. When we are home, we might do some schooly stuff, or they may just have free time to play outside or play games or help me bake something…


My kids are only 6 and 9. I doubt this'll be the same routine in 3 years time!









EVENTS 5-9-14


May 18: Next in the “Discover Cape Cod” series: Mindy Todd, host and producer of The Point on Cape NPR station WCAI, will speak on her work in public radio, 3 p.m.



http://ift.tt/1iq9RG1;





9th Grade Homeschool English Curriculum

via WordPress http://ift.tt/1kJdSd2

No comments:

Post a Comment